Monday, September 29, 2008

$700 Billion Bill Defeated!

Thank God that every citizen of this country did their duty to reign in an irresponsible government and an out of control corporate banking system. Representatives in the house were getting calls and letters that were 10 to 1 against the bill. Despite their best efforts they could not ignore the will of the people. Now we must remain vigilant and make sure that they don't sneak this past us now that we think we've won. No help for failing banks, no bailouts for billionaires, they made there bed and now they have to sleep in it! Go US! We did it!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told my congressman that if he voted yes I would do everything in my power, as little as that may be, to make sure he didn't win another term.

Anonymous said...

I'm also from maine I am trying to find out how Tom Allen voted, I am so frigging pissed off about this even coming to a vote.... I don't even know what to say.